Dmitri Alden, MD | Initial Consultations
If you choose to seek a second opinion or initial consultation, Dr. Alden will perform a full evaluation, to confirm your diagnosis and help you understand all of the treatment options available to you.
Patients and medical professionals from America and around the world seek out Dr. Alden’s specialized best in class individualized cancer treatments (and services) including his expert surgical management of the patient’s unique condition.
Patients referred to Dr. Dmitri Alden have access to a vast array of specialists who are some of the best in their field in the country (and possibly in the world).
Initial Evaluation Includes:
- Review of prior medical and surgical history.
- Evaluation of past and current laboratory values.
- Review of images of CT / MRI / PET.
- Review of current cancer treatment (if applicable).
- Skype/telephone report on findings can be arranged.
Typical Formal Consultation: If based on initial evaluation a meaningful and comprehensive strategy different from current treatment can be offered during an official consultation in the office or over Skype/telephone can be provided for an additional fee. Typical consultation includes a comprehensive discussion of all the findings, risks, and benefits of various available treatments for your particular condition. Dr. Alden will discuss various available treatment strategies and help to choose the right path which is best for the patient. A typical formal consultation is very comprehensive, all questions are answered and approximately 45 min to an hour is spent discussing Dr. Alden’s evaluation of your specific case.
Please Note: Dr. Alden accepts insurance if he participates with your plan. Additionally, if Dr. Alden does not participate with your insurance plan, Dr. Alden’s office is frequently able to obtain pre-authorization from your insurance plan based on the uniqueness of his specialty. We will contact your insurance company to understand your benefits and additionally submit them for you. You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of surgery. Our surgical coordinator will help you with a quote.
About Dr. Dmitri Alden
Dr. Alden has dedicated his life to the war on liver cancer and pancreatic cancer. Dr. Alden has performed well over 6,000 surgeries in the past 20+ years. At the forefront of medical innovation, he is a liver and cancer specialist who treats the most complex cancers using only the most advanced surgical procedures and technologies.
- Board Certified: American Board of Surgery
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Honorary Member: The French Academy of Surgery
- Member: International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists & Oncologists
- Member: American Society of Transplantation
- Member: Carcinoid Cancer Foundation
- Member: International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Member: New York Surgical Society
- Member: Compagnons Hepato-Biliaires (International Association of Liver Surgeons by Invitation Only)
For more information please feel free to contact Dmitri Alden, MD, FACS, today by phoning his New York City office (212) 434-6216 or contacting us online.