Remote Consultations Anywhere in the World | World Class Liver & Pancreatic Cancer Surgeon
Virtual Phone / SKYPE Consultation Services
We understand that having surgery is a big decision to make. And, for some, traveling back and forth for a consultation may be too difficult. That’s why Dr. Dmitri Alden offers virtual consultations over the phone or via video chat such as SKYPE. It’s easy and convenient.
During a virtual consult, the doctor’s visit is not just another doctors appointment. It’s a true caring digital medical experience.
- Using a Web camera, both Dr. Dmitri Alden and patient meet in a private HIPAA-compliant virtual meeting room.
- This means no crowded waiting rooms and no time wasted traveling.
- It’s easy and convenient.
Free Initial Evaluation Includes:
- Review of prior medical and surgical history.
- Evaluation of past and current laboratory values.
- Review of images of CT/MRI/PET.
- Review of current cancer treatment (if applicable).
- Free short one time Skype/telephone report on findings.
Typical Formal Consultation: If based on initial evaluation a meaningful and comprehensive strategy different from current treatment can be offered during an official consultation in the office or over Skype/telephone can be provided for additional fee. Typical consultation includes comprehensive discussion of all the findings, risks and benefits of various available treatment for your particular condition. Dr. Alden will discuss of various available treatment strategies and help choosing the right path which is best for the patient. A typical formal consultation is very comprehensive, all questions are answered and approximately 45 min to an hour is spent discussing Dr. Alden’s evaluation of your specific case.
Note: Please go through the list below and make sure you have all items sent to Dr. Dmiti Alden prior to your virtual consultation with the world class cancer surgeon, Dmitri Alden, MD. The best way to deliver records is by using a cloud service such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Usually the file size of the records are too large to send over email. Please email the below to email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Dmitri Alden’s office if you have any questions.
- Collect and provide actual CT/MRI/PET images in digital format (CD or memory stick). Simple X-rays are not sufficient.
- Ensure that you have your most recent blood test results.
- List any and all medications you are currently taking, including any nonprescription (over-the-counter) medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- List any and all medical conditions you currently have, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma, etc.
- List any and all past surgeries you have had, and provide operative and pathology reports (if available).
- Provide the name, address, telephone, and fax numbers of your primary care physician.
- Provide the names and contact information of any specialists involved in your care (for example, any oncologist, gastroenterologist, or surgeon).
Please note: Dr. Alden accepts insurance if he participates with your plan. Additionally, if Dr. Alden does not participate with your insurance plan, Dr. Alden’s office is frequently able to obtain pre-authorization from your insurance plan based on his uniqueness of his specialty. We will contact your insurance company to understand your benefits and additionally submit for you. You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of surgery. Our surgical coordinator will help you with a quote.
- Patients and medical professionals from America (and around the world) seek out Dr. Alden’s specialized best in class individualized cancer treatments and services including his expert surgical management of the patient’s unique condition.
- Patients referred to Dr. Alden have access to a vast array of specialists who are some of the best in their field in the country (and possibly in the world).
For more information regarding virtual consultations from anywhere in the world, please feel free to contact the NYC Liver, Pancreatic & Bile Duct Oncological Surgeon, Dmitri Alden, MD, FACS, today by phoning his NYC office (212) 434-6216 or emailing the surgeon directly using the eForm on the right.
Dmitri Alden, MD, FACS
Liver, Pancreatic & Bile Duct Oncological Surgeon
186 E 76th Street
New York, NY 10021